Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good morning?

Why is it that I always think of such good ideas when I'm trying to fall asleep. I'm sure that I will remember the next day and then I don't. Does this ever happen to You? Does that mean that perfectly brilliant ideas are just gone from existence. Will they float around in the back of my brain until I can catch them again?

I do remember that the last brilliant idea I had was about good books. The kind that keep You up all night. You tell yourself just one more page. Just one more chapter and then one more page and then one more chapter. I had a very clever paragraph going in my mind. I was actually composing it after I'd forced myself to put down one of those addicting books, and was trying to fall asleep. I can't put the book down, and then when I finally work up the will power to close it, my mind is awake, alive, and racing,with the inviting book just a reach away on my cedar chest. I tell myself that as long as I am awake I might as well read. Then when I put the book down again I can't sleep again and so it continues. It's a vicious trap. Especially since my brain is not entirely stable and lack of sleep makes sanity more precarious. Am I doomed to a life of dry reading? Must I limit myself to passable writing and mildly entertaining plots? IS THERE NO HOPE?

My name is MeLisa Stone and I am a bookaholic.

P.s. I think I caught my idea back. I guess that answers that question.

1 comment:

  1. Hi MeLisa. I don't think being a bookaholic can be all bad. How many people get that excited about anything? It's good for you at the same time that it's bad for you.

    ReplyDelete